Visit the LFX Insights Dashboard to see detailed contributor statistics for the London Release. A complete view of ONAP’s Community Health Metrics can be seen here. Please use your Linux Foundation ID to log in.
ONAP provides a comprehensive platform for real-time, policy-driven service orchestration and automation. ONAP enables service providers and developers to rapidly automate the instantiation and configuration of physical and virtual network functions and to support complete life cycle management activities. By unifying the resources of open source members, ONAP enables the acceleration of the development of a vibrant ecosystem around a globally shared architecture and the implementation of network automation faster than any product could on its own.
London Release Highlights
Note: See London release notes for a detailed list of updates.
E2E Network Slicing
- Added support for 3GPP 28.532 based APIs in NSSMF for network slicing, with focus on RAN slicing.
Control Loop Evolution
- Improvements to CLAMP Automation Composition Management (ACM) to allow much more flexibility in the specification and life cycle management of rApps.
- Metadata driven API Generation so that the REST API code is generated from OpenAPI 3.0 (Swagger 3.0) documents.
- Substantially improved Metrics and SLAs, including compliance verification testing.
Extended O-RAN Integration
- Enhancements for Configuration Management notification from O-RAN network functions over O1 interface.
- A1 policy and platform enhancements from CCSDK.
- Support for constraints.
- UI support for view/edit/import data types.
- Increased support for TOSCA functions.
- Removed need for USER_ID cookie and header.
- Addition of Cell and Neighbour objects enables support for RAN domain inventory.
ONAP Operations Manager (OOM)
- Introduction of “Production” ONAP setup.
- Removal of unsupported components (AAF, Portal, Contrib, etc.)
- Update of component helm charts to use common templates and practices.
- Introduction of Kubernetes Operators for Cassandra (k8ssandra-operator) to support the latest Cassandra version (optional for London) and Keycloak.